Friday, May 22, 2009

56: Home

At the moment I'm in the middle of a cross-state journey with bittersweet feelings.

I've been visiting my hometown that I dearly love for the last (almost) 3 weeks. I could've stayed forever.

Except my wonderful hubby is waiting for me in our current city of residence and 3 weeks was way too long without him. Hence the reason I didn't stay forever.

Which leaves me in a bind at what I consider "home". Home is where I grew up, but it's also where I currently reside. Home is where my loved ones are - although they're in two different cities. If home is where my heart is, it is split in two.

So while I'm bouncing between two "homes" here on earth I'm reminded that I have an unchanging heavenly Home awaiting me.

And when I get there I have a feeling I will know that I'm HOME. My heart, my loved ones, my Savior will all be residing in the same place. What a lovely concept. :-)

2 comments:

  1. praying for you as you make your transition "home"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you are thinking of your Eternal home, of heavenly things and not things of the earth. I understand your pull to two homes on earth, I remember when I first move to DFW(I know not the same just 2.5 hours away form home),but it seemed like across the country to me and I struggled with very similar emotions. I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom and guidance, but I don't. I think by your last comment that God is providing all the encouragement, wisdom and direction that you need. Just continue to run to him and he will see you through.

    ReplyDelete