Wednesday, May 20, 2009

54: Here Comes Summer

It's taking some kind of discipline to sit down and post right now because, frankly, the pool is calling my name! :-) I'm at a friend's house at the moment and am taking full advantage of her lovely oasis out back.

I love this time of year. I think it stems from school days when May was filled with Field Day, field trips and a general feeling that summer (freedom!) was just around the corner.

These days my routine doesn't change so much depending on the season, but I can't shake that feeling of excitement at summer being right at hand. Ah, summer . . .Flip-flops, homemade ice cream, throwing on shorts and a t-shirt, going barefoot outside, the 4th of July, locusts singing at dusk approaches and fireflies putting on a show.

But you know what? I think I feel this way at the beginning of every season. It seems that just as I'm tiring of the heat/the cold/the rain/whatever a different season is right around the corner.

I love that the good Lord provided us with such a variety of His creation to marvel at every season!

Now.

Time to answer the pool's siren song . . .

2 comments:

  1. I am so ready for summer too. I am ready for the break from a time table with school. Oh to just get up whenever and stay around the house or just throw on my swim suit and head to the pool. It will be just great to have RB around alot more too. YEA for SUMMER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel the same way every may :)

    ReplyDelete