Saturday, May 16, 2009

50: Remember Those. . .

"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."
Hebrews 13:3


This morning I ran across this verse and was immediately convicted.

A while back I wrote some posts regarding the persecution of our brothers and sisters around the globe. At the time I was so on fire for them, praying daily and set on making others aware of the atrocities they face for their faith.

But, honestly, over time that zeal has faded into the background. I haven't been back to look at the persecution website since then.

This verse really got to me this morning, however. Even if I have forgotten about it for a time, the persecution still rages on around the world. We are blessed not to have to endure such things here - thank the Lord - but that does not lessen my responsibility to those who cannot say the same.

So I'm feeling a renewed sense of urgency for Christians around the globe and hope you do as well. Go check out this website or Google some others. And above all, pray, pray, pray.

1 comment:

  1. Girl I am impressed that you are keeping up with this!!

    ReplyDelete