Saturday, May 9, 2009

43: Priceless

Today two people I love received a free present that meant more to them than anything money could buy.

My daughters and I are home for a while visiting family and friends. Being Mother's Day weekend my incredible husband decided to fly here - to see us, yes, but more so to surprise his mother and sister.

It was almost impossible to keep the information to myself. I knew they were missing him terribly - especially his mom this weekend - and it was so difficult not to spill the beans.

But I held fast and kept the secret.

And it was ssoooo worth it.

At Hubby's request, I had set up a lunch with his mother and sister to celebrate Mother's Day and also his sister's birthday. Little did they know that I would pick Hubby up from the airport this morning and that he would be in the restaurant waiting for them.

The looks on their faces, their reactions - absolutely priceless.

One had pure joy, the other pure shock that dissolved into pure joy.

His presence was worth more to them than anything he could have purchased.

So it made me start wondering about the best free present I ever received. I have some thoughts . . . but I want to know yours. :-)


How about it - what's the best free present someone ever gave you?

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome suprise! (way to go brad!). and way to go L for keeping the surprise :)

    i'm not sure about the best free present ever... i'll have to think about that...

    besides the obvious ones like salvation, kids, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than my salvation, you, Leilanni and those you have "begat"! (Brad and Laura are the original best gifts.)

    ReplyDelete