Friday, May 15, 2009

49: Joy

There was a moment today, a glorious moment.

It was such a busy day - a good day - but busy nonetheless.

Constant motion all day long.

And then this afternoon I stopped. For just a moment.

And looked up.

I noticed the clear blue sky, clouds of cotton. The incredible red-orange color of the nearby blossoms that Crayola couldn't capture if they tried.

And I smiled.

Immediately I felt calmer, more relaxed and a sense of joy over God's creation washed over me.

I can't help but think that sometimes in my busy-ness I'm so captivated by what's immediately around me that I forget to look UP.

There's a mighty big world out there much broader than my immediate circumstances . . . and I thank the Lord for that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree in my busy day I often find myself reflecting on God and his amazing creations as I am driving. His handy work is all around us for us to appreciate if we will just pause for a moment and soak it in. I think that he has created such amazing beauty in nature just for that purpose, to stop us so we can give Him the glory! One of my favorite places in the world is on the beach at Sunrise just me and God!!! It is so easy to look up in the beauty of nature vs. finding time to look up in the chaos of life that we can create for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all need the reminder to look up and not around more often

    ReplyDelete