Tuesday, May 19, 2009

53: My Current Favorite

I can't say that I have an all-time favorite verse in the Bible. There are too many great ones that speak to me at different times in my life depending on my circumstances or something the Lord is trying to teach me. I don't actively try to find favorite verses. Sometimes I run across one in my reading that just sticks out to me. Most often it's a verse that, for a season, continually pops into my head.

My current favorite verses are of that last variety, consistently making their way into my thoughts - no doubt a product of the Spirit and this particular season I'm in right now:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9


I'm caught in one of those seasons of waiting. Wanting something very much but having to wait upon the Lord for his timing and direction. These verses in Isaiah are my constant companion when I start speaking Why-nese (or really whine-ese) to the Lord about this situation. Sometimes I get so tangled up in my emotion and what-ifs that I'm actually thankful the decision is not mine to make, because I don't trust myself enough to get it right.

Anyway.

Anyone else want to share their current (or even all-time) favorite verse?

1 comment:

  1. good post. i am the same as you that my "favorite" usually depends on what i'm going through. i'd say i kind of consider jer. 29:11 to be my "life verse". but right now I'm still loving "be still and know that I am God which is in psalms 43?? or 41 ?? or i could be completely off lol. i also like romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose."

    ReplyDelete