Thursday, May 7, 2009

41: Stuck

Today was one of those days that needed prayer. I mean needed prayer.

There was one situation after another that I should have brought before my Father.

And, yet, I didn't.

Not that I didn't want to. I did - really, I did. I tried numerous times to pray today.

I just couldn't. Not sure if I was tired, too busy, under attack or all of the above but I just couldn't get a decent prayer out of my mouth.

I felt stuck. Either all that would fall out of my mouth were standard, half-hearted cliches or I would get so distracted a few sentences in that I would start and stop until I forgot why I started.

Anybody else been there? Wanting to pray, but nothing happening? How did you get yourself "unstuck"????

2 comments:

  1. Yep I have so been there. I was comforted during that time to know that he Holy Spirit is speaking for me and that God know what is going on in my head and heart that is interfering. I think I finally just told God I didn't have the words or the reason, but he did. And only the way God can he opened my heart to the issue and guided me through it so we could continue our sweet times in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been there... but i think God knows our thoughts anyway. i mean i know it is important to pray heartfelt things, but i think during the times we can't, God is still hearing us anyway.

    ReplyDelete