Tuesday, May 5, 2009

39: When We All Get to Heaven

Sing the wondrous love of Jesus
Sing his mercy and his grace
In the mansions bright and blessed
He'll prepare for us a place

When we all get to Heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus
We'll sing and shout the victory


This is another one of those songs seared in my childhood Sunday morning memories. I always loved this song because it's, well, happy! (If you've never heard it, Google it or search on iTunes and see if you can hear a snippet.) And if singing about anything should bring a smile to our face, it should be a song about Heaven!

Tonight as I was tucking my 3 year old into bed she informed me that she didn't want to go to Heaven. (We had just finished reading the kids' version of Jesus telling Nicodemus that anyone who believes in him would have eternal life - John 3) When I told her how wonderful it would be because everyone she loves would be there she immediately perked up. Then came the peppering of questions. Would Aunt so-and-so be there? Yes, baby, because she knows Jesus she'll be there! What about Daddy? Yes, Daddy knows Jesus, too!

And on and on it went. What a blessing to stop and realize what a gift God has given us in eternal life. It made me excited to be able to assure my daughter the people she loves will be with her in Heaven because they love Jesus, too. It also made me want to ensure that everyone I love also loves Jesus and will be there, too.

Heaven - what a day of rejoicing that will be!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anders: Thank you so much for your comment . . .I took a brief glance at the website you recommended and plan to go back and read more in depth when time permits. I hope you stick around and keep commenting - the more the merrier! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L- I love when B talks about Heaven, which is often. It warms my heart to be able to share w/ him how awesome it is.

    ReplyDelete