Sunday, May 17, 2009

51: That's My Kid

My oldest daughter has a lot of, shall we say, spunk. Although it presents various challenges in day-to-day tasks I truly love her personality. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's just so her.

Admittedly though, sometimes I'm exasperated and I might vent to someone about the latest "adventure" in our household. But I'm her mother - I love her unconditionally.

Recently, however, someone else made what I perceived to be a negative comment about this particular character trait in my daughter. And even though I've probably vented about the very same thing my first thought was, "Hey! Back off - that's my KID you're talking about!"

Funny how that mama bear in me shows her teeth every now and then. :-)

Then I couldn't help but wonder if God maybe thinks the same way about us sometimes. I'm pretty sure I exasperate my Father sometimes (a lot). And my way of doing things tends to interfere with God's day-to-day plans for me (a lot).

However, I kind of like to think that when the enemy tries to attack my Father might respond with, "Hey! Back off - that's my KID!"

It astounds me that we are called children of God, and siblings of Christ . . . Thank you, Lord!!
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Romans 8:16-17

1 comment:

  1. i totally get ya :) brycen can drive me crazy at times w/ his antics-- BUT dare anyone else to say something about them!

    ReplyDelete