Wednesday, April 15, 2009

19: My Blog's Identity Crisis

This blog has a problem.

It doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.

I originally started this blog after I saw the need to password protect my family blog. I wanted to keep the pictures of my kiddos and family protected (too many creepos out there!) but yet I still wanted a public blog that anyone could access.

So my only rule for this particular blog is that I don't post pictures or use names of friends and family. Beyond that, I'm not sure what I'm doing here.

I have no trouble finding things to post on my family blog - there's no shortage of cute kid pics or funny things they've been up to.

I struggle a lot with what to put on here though. I feel like I need a mission statement of sorts for this blog - what's my purpose? Am I trying to encourage people? To entertain? To communicate?

Honestly, I don't have a clue. :-) So please excuse the scatteredness of the posts to come as I try to flesh out the purpose of this little bloggy.

(Um, and if anyone has a mission statement I can borrow - I'll take it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment