Thursday, June 18, 2009

83: Good Stuff

Sometimes I get so focused on what I'm waiting for that I forget to focus on what God HAS done (which is a LOT - major understatement there).

One example . . . recently it hit me that much of certain behavior coming from my 3 year old was likely stemming from loneliness. (Moving three states over, new baby, preschool was a no-go. She's found a few playmates but no real best buddy. I think that's what she's missing so much.)

This revelation both relieved me (something fixable) and horrified me. My heart ached and I immediately started praying that the Lord would send her a little girlfriend her age that lived close-by. I happened to have Bible study that night so I added it to the prayer requests because my heart was so heavy over it.

The very next morning a sweet girl from Bible study emailed to let me know her 3 year old daughter would love to play.

(Insert jaw dropping to ground here.)

Also, that afternoon our darling neighbor (a few years older and a great "big sister" role) came to play. And then was able to come back the next morning.

And THEN we were able to get together with some of her Sunday school friends this morning.

Um, I think that pretty much took care of the loneliness this week. :-)

Granted, she would still love to have a little best buddy but I took all this as an affirmative "I've got this" from the Lord.

He's so good to us. The creator of the universe cares if my preschooler is lonely.

Love it. Love Him. Thank you, Lord!

5 comments:

  1. We are having the same problem. Now that school is out Emily has been very lonely having 2 almost 3 brothers does not help much. She craves that special friendship she had before we moved. Even my boys (though they have each other) need that special non-related friendship. I will definitely be putting that on my prayer list. Sometimes I get caught up on adult worries, I forget about my little ones worries. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate it when our little ones are longing for something and we can't just make it happen for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. S - awww - that makes me sad for your kiddos. I will be praying for them, too! I know it's been awfully hard on all of you with all the moving. Although those beach pics still make me jealous . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that break me heart! We miss Ellie so much! But I am so glad that you took it to God how care so much about our precious little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rylie Beth is having a need for a close friend too. No it is not the same as Ellie b/c she does have friends, but she really is longing for that close friend. I had been praying about it alot and need to start back b/c God will provide for our little ones and us no matter what the need. I am so glad to see He is already working on Ellies friends circle. I agree with you Thank you Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete