Monday, June 15, 2009

80: The Pirate Made Me Do It

I got the best laugh today in the most unexpected place as I was holding for customer service at Shutterfly.

Having tried unsuccessfully for the past hour (in between assorted household crises) to make a certain option for printing work, I decided to give them a call. Not usually how I care to spend my free time during an already hair-pulling-out kind of day.

As I listened to the monotonous recording telling me to press 1 for this or press 2 for that I heard something that made me smile: "Press 6 to listen to these options from a pirate."

What?

I couldn't help it.

I did it.

I pressed "6".

And laughed for the next 30 seconds straight as I heard a scruffy maritime voice tell me to "press 3 if our website makes you feel like walking the plank" or to "press 2 if it looks like your pictures lost a sword fight".

Seriously!

It was totally what I needed today. Not what I expected, but what I needed for sure. :-)

So, thanks Shutterfly for making me feel a little less like pulling out my hair today.

(And just in case you need a laugh, too, call them at 1-888-225-7159 . . . I dare you to press 6.)

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I have to give them a call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few words just came to mind....AAAaaaaarrrrgh, matey, and scalleywag. I hope scalleywag is not a bad word. Off the top of my head I dont know what it means. Ha ha...You can change your Facebook page language to pirate as well. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on English (US) and it will pop up language options. Click English (Pirate). It's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L - no stinkin' way!!! I'm so giving that a try on FB . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious.... I am going to save the number for a day that I need a laugh. Who would have ever thought???

    ReplyDelete