Friday, May 23, 2008

What Our Lives Are REALLY Like . . .

On phone with hubby discussing me flying out to meet him while he's on a work trip . . .

Wifey: "So, I haven't bought my ticket yet."
Hubs: "What time are you thinking of flying in?"
W: "Not sure yet. Why?"
H: "That will make a difference whether or not I pick you up. In rush hour that will be a long trip for me."
W: "Ummm . . .So how else do you propose I meet you after I land?"
H: "Ummm . . .Taxi."

Enter deafening silence

W: "Taxi. You want me to take a taxi rather than have to come pick me up???"
H: "Nevermind. I'll come get you."
W: Decibals increasing"TAXI? You really wanted me to fly to a strange city and take a TAXI rather than fight rush hour traffic???"
H: "I'll pick you up."
W: "TAXI???"
H: "How long are you going to go on about this?"
W: "Possibly for quite some time. TAXI. I'm SO going to blog about this."

I'm claiming insanity in his defense - he's been under a lot of stress. And by the end of the conversation we were laughing so hard we could hardly talk . . .ahhh - the absurdity of everyday life . . .

2 comments: