Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good Running Music?

I've always enjoyed running (I know - sick) but have really gotten away from it the last several years.

Last Fall, just a few days after we suffered a very personal loss, my hubby ran his 2nd half marathon. I so admired his determination to still get out there and run in the midst of our intense grief. In fact, he was the very picture of Hebrews 12:1b
" . . .let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us'

It was so inspirational to watch him be a living example of a spiritual truth - persevering and enduring the path chosen for us one step at a time. I remember thinking that I could turn my grief into something positive and start running again as a reminder to keep persevering.

Well, 7 months later I finally held myself to that thought. Better late than never, right?

I have found that I LOVE running at dusk. The sun isn't beating down anymore, the neighbors are out walking dogs, and I can reflect and run off the day's frustrations all in the glory and creativity of God's glorious creation all around me.

I always, always bring my iPod. Must. Have. Music.

Right now I get so pumped starting my run to the David Crowder Band's "Everything Glorious". It's awesome rounding the corner of my street, matching the pounding steps to the pounding beat while my soul gets a lift from the awesome lyrics.

So. I need help with finding some more great running music. Any suggestions out there? Doesn't necessarily have to be Christian but most definitely positive and uplifting. What tunes get YOU going???

No comments:

Post a Comment