Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Better Day

After losing a dear loved one this past Fall I've been doing quite a bit of thinking on Heaven.

Questioning, asking, seeking, wondering, pondering, picturing.

I know some core truths about Heaven from the Word but the Bible also says
However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"
I Corinthians 2:9


Y'all - a better day is coming. And it's gonna be GOOD. Even if we try to imagine how good it will be our finite minds fall short. We can't even conceive how amazing it will be. It's not harps and clouds. Not an endless church service. It's everything good you know but better and then some. Is anyone else's spirit a-stirrin' right now??!!

I just heard this song for the first time in church on Sunday (M.L. you ROCK!) and it gave me chill bumps and brought tears of amazement and joy to my eyes. I can't stop listening to it because in the midst of chaos it centers me on what's coming. And, I'll just say it again, it's gonna be REAL GOOD. Just try to listen to this without either falling on your knees or throwing your arms up toward the Lord . . .
(Apparently I'm in a video-posting mood lately)

No comments:

Post a Comment