Sunday, May 4, 2008

How I Get Perspective

I hide in my room with the pillow over my head.

Seriously.

Sometimes all the thoughts in my head added to the chaos around me combine for a potentially combustible situation.

So I go hide under my pillow and wait for perspective.

Today it came in a reminder from Beth Moore's Believing God (read it! read it!). She has a little pledge of faith she recites to herself a gazillion times a day:
God, you are who you say you are
You can do what you say you can do
I am who you say I am
I can do all things through Christ
Your word is living and active in me
And I'm choosing to believe you, Lord

Her point is that just about any spiritual attack from the enemy is really an attack on one of the above truths.

The voice of truth vs. the lies of the enemy.

I know the Lord is always speaking the truth. Sometimes it just takes me being under a pillow to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Okay so you are blogging at mid-night. I think you need to get more sleep. Ha Ha. I really do need to read that book. It sound like it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's Christy Pettiette, Ginger is my hubby's cousin and I think I did your daughters birthday invitation. Anyway, I was checking out your blog through Ginger's and had to comment. I LOVED the Believing God Bible study. It has been my favorite so far. Beth Moore is coming to San Antonio for a conference in August. I am trying to get Ginger to come up for it and maybe even go to Sea World again. You should come with Ginger!

    ReplyDelete