Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not Normal

It was our first date in quite some time and we badly needed some uninterrupted conversation. Hence, why we were sitting in a parked car eating takeout rather than at a movie or a restaurant.

I was lamenting to my husband my disappointment over a certain set of circumstances. What I thought might be happening soon (involving returning to our hometown) looked like it would not be occurring.

My diatribe went on and on as honest spiritual questioning spilled out of my heart and mouth in what was probably the longest run-on sentence I've ever spoken.

Through my tears I declared, "Normal people don't do this."

"What do you mean?" my husband said.

"This. If normal people want to move, they move. If they want to stay, they stay. They don't wait around on signs and visions and words from on high."

And it was in that moment that I realized more tangibly than ever what it means to give my life to Christ.

No, I am not normal.

I am a Christ follower.

7 comments:

  1. my heart hurts for you that you can't just up and move back to TX :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. I actually should do my next post on how gracious the Lord was to me when I was done with the above pity party. I have felt so encouraged and dare I say hopeful at what God has in store for us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so normal as a Christ follower! I think we all have to lament like that sometimes. It is a part of the process. I think we were lamenting together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad god has given you a glimpse of being hopeful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey - Bingo! :-) As Christians we appear ssooo not normal to the world in how we "do life". I guess that is part of being "in the world but not of it"? As frustrating as it is I know that being "abnormal" by the world's standards is part of the deal when we decide to walk with Christ.

    (Still praying for y'all!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. L- Your are far from normal, instead you are a child of GOD, and praise God for that. However, that does mean we have to leave all of our lives in his hands, which can be such a challenge. I know it is so hard for me to not know his time table. Know that I am praying for you guys as you seek God's direction and for peace while you wait for His will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't this all sound familiar? Waiting on God, asking him why we can't get pregnant, trying to convince him that our timing is the right one. Now go look in that little room with those 2 beautiful little girls and know God's timing is so perfect!! I love you so much girl.

    ReplyDelete