Sunday, July 5, 2009

100: I Made It!!!

Can a get a WOO-HOO???!!!!

:-)

I cannot believe this is post 100 of my challenge!!! I woke up this morning, realized I would be reaching my goal today and got the biggest grin on my face. What a great feeling!

While I learned quite a few things through this (not so) little process, the number one thing that comes to mind is this:

I had it backwards.

Before this, I would wait for the "big" idea and then write. The last 100 days forced me to reverse course and write whether or not I had an idea. (Sometimes this was pretty evident, as in the "blah, blah, blah" post . . .)

Please forgive me for saying this, as it sounds rather self-absorbed, but I feel like I learned I was stronger than I thought I was. More committed. More enduring. I realized that sounds a bit dramatic as I'm talking about writing a blog, not running a marathon. But in essence that's what it felt like to me. Carving out time every single day whether I felt like it, whether I really had time. Learning to be still and listen. Even if it meant plugging my ears to the literal noise all around me. (Mental note: Next house must have office. With soundproof doors. And walls. And a large supply of chocolate . . .)

Anyway, I do appreciate all the positive comments whether left in the comments here, in my email or in person. Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this little bloggy every now and then and for offering encouragement.

Sheesh. This is starting to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech . . .

Anyway.

I really have enjoyed writing daily and hope to keep it up (well, mostly every day) so I hope you stick around, too.

Now. I'm off to find some form of chocolate to celebrate. Feel free to eat some and celebrate with me! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Yeah! You did it! I have looked forward to reading your blog everyday and you did not disappoint! Great job girl! Enjoy some chocolate for me too! I think I ate the last of it the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!! I've enjoyed reading each and every one of your 100 posts! Wanna make it 200?? HaHa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I am so impressed that you made it 100 post and they were so good. I have greatly enjoyed the past 100 days because of your post. I know that you may not keep up with the daily post, which I totally understand, but I do hope you keep posting fairly frequent b/c they always brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll def. eat some chocolate and help ya celebrate! you better keep it up, b/c if not i'll miss it!

    ReplyDelete