Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keys

The other day I ran out to the car to grab something I'd forgotten. When I heard my 2 year old shut the door behind me my first instinct was to panic . . .was I locked out? Was she locked in? What if she got into [insert any sharp, poisonous or non-AAP approved item here]?

As I headed back toward the door,mind reeling, I was suddenly conscious that my hand was still holding something.

Keys.

I had no need to worry. In the midst of my panic I had forgotten that my hand held everything I needed in that moment.

The Lord is very humorous - and obvious - in His lessons to me sometimes.

Having recently moved far away from friends, family and basically my huge circle of comfort I've experienced many moments of spiritual "panic": Loneliness, fatigue, doubt, sadness, impatience, etc., etc. (the list is l-o-n-g).

But, as the Lord so sweetly reminded me that day in the driveway, I have everything I need in Him. There's no need to panic.

So this is what I'm learning . . .

Lonely? Cry out to Him for comfort.

Fatigue? Ask for rest - whether it comes in a change of heart, perspective or circumstances.

Doubt? Request reminders and reassurance from the Spirit of His guidance.

Sad? Talk to the Lord about it.

Impatient? Confess and ask for grace and His strength.

When Christ lives in us, we have the keys we need. We're never locked out from his presence, comfort or help.

Praise the Lord for that!

5 comments:

  1. Leilanni:
    Thanks for the reminder that we have everything we need in the Lord. I found out about this blog site from Ashley H. a while back and I have really enjoyed reading your posts. We miss you in Arlington. Terri P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terri! What an honor to have you stop in!!

    Hope all is well with you and you're enjoying spoiling that sweet grandbaby :-) Tell C I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see a post about what all God has taught you during this time. I am sure it is so much! Love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this post- as usual, it was what i needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reminder. HE is all we Need!! HE is more than sufficient for whatever our day may bring. I don't think I will look at my keys the same, thanks for the spiritual prompting.

    ReplyDelete