Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another First Post

Well, it seems kind of strange to be starting a completely new blog. I kind of feel like I'm starting a new school or something. The new kids don't know my story. Will they like me? Will they want to hang out with me?

But it's also very exciting to start on a new adventure. Well, okay. Writing is not so much an adventure to most of you, but to this yellow-bellied scaredy cat it qualifies.

I'm excited to take this blog in a new direction. Actually, I'm not even sure what direction I'm going but I know it's new and different. I also know Who is leading so I'm okay with not knowing. I'm slowly starting to learn that lesson although it tends to take a whack on the head rather than a gentle whisper with me as far as giving up control goes.

So . . .Seeking The Morning . . .

I really thought about the title for this new venture. The verses I started with, and eventually came back to, were Lamentations 3:22-24:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."


If you're like me, the hymn "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" is now running endlessly through your head (there could be worse things).

Every morning starts new. The slate is wiped clean. His mercies begin again. And about 1 minute after I roll out of bed I have dirtied the slate yet again somehow. So I fall upon His mercy and grace and begin again. Morning is not always when the sun comes up. Sometimes morning is when the Son comes up in your heart and that is what I am seeking.

Another verse that comes to mind is Psalm 30:5
" . . .weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

We've all endured a time of night, of darkness, in our lives. We're blessed with eventual mornings - an end to the weeping, a lifting of the burdens. This is also what I'm seeking. A reminder to look for the mornings along the way and not get stuck in the darkness.

I actually didn't realize how many great verses there are regarding morning in the Bible. Maybe I'll do some literal seeking of those mornings and start poring through those scriptures soon.

So.

This blog is about the journey. Getting through the night with our faith resting in the promise of morning, however it comes. It should be a good ride - glad you're here.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading!! You are such a blessing in my life!

    Angie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also The song that came to my mind was, "I will seek you in the morning, and I will learn to walk in your ways...so step by step you lead me and I will follow you all of my days..."

    :)
    Angie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite a way with words. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and scriptures. I am going now to read that scripture for myself. I miss not seeing you on a weekly basis. Maybe we can get together and have a girls' play date soon!

    Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have always inspired me and I thank you for that. This is the first time I have read any of you blogs, but it will NOT be the last!

    April :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this Blog will be inspiring. I wish I was able to verbalize or write the way you do. I have so much to be thankful for and to give God praise about. It would be great to be able to put it all into words like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it, love it!! I can't wait to see where the Lord leads you on this blog, and I'm looking forward to every post!! Love you!!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete