Friday, June 27, 2008

Why Am I Surprised?

Our little family is on the verge of a huge change - two actually. I normally don't do change well. Throw me a life preserver because I am usually drowning myself in details, worrying about things I have no control over.

I wanted this time to be different. I've been praying for peace and joy in the midst of the chaos. To know (and act like I know) that God is indeed in charge of every single detail and HE will take care of it.

And you know what?

God said yes to that prayer. I have never felt so calm, so peaceful about such huge changes. I still have my moments, but I overwhelmingly know that God will take care of it all.

So why am I so surprised that He said yes? I have actually found myself lately fretting about my lack of anxiety! How's that for an ungrateful and confused gift recipient??! I feel so peaceful that I worry it will all crash down on me unexpectedly. The lack of anxiety makes me wonder if I'm just in heavy denial.

I think at this point God might be tempted to roll His eyes at me.

And it makes me wonder if I really understand Who I am praying to? I'm not just venting to someone as powerless as myself. I'm requesting mercy and grace from Someone who CAN do something about it.

Lord, I believe . . .but help me in my unbelief!!

1 comment:

  1. We all do that, why who know. I am sure it will hit you but you will just pray on those days and God will give peace.

    ReplyDelete