Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brain Cells, I Miss You. XOXOXO

After long writing hiatuses (is that even a word? spell check didn't fuss at me, but it still looks strange. anyway.), I usually pop on here and say something like, "Wow, can't believe how long it's been, going to try to write more, blah, blah, blah."

And then 4 more months pass. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So. No more of those delusional statements. With three children ages 5, 2 and almost 1 I have come to peace with a crazy radical idea: I will write when I have time. And be okay with that.

Wow. Did that blow your socks off or what?

Take a moment and collect yourselves.

Alrighty then, moving on. I really have nothing deep to share today. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've been wading in the shallow end all week. Case in point? So far this week I have learned the following:

-When making coffee, it seems to work better to add water to the coffee maker. It makes it, um, more liquidy;

-Sewing machines will not run without electricity. Therefore, it might be helpful to actually remove the plug from the packaging before tossing the box into the garage for trash day;

-If confounded why your fabric is wet and cold during ironing,as opposed to warm and steamy, it is a generally accepted practice to plug the iron into the wall. See sewing machine example.

-Before deciding that your vacuum cleaner must be on the fritz since it is not actually sucking up any dirt, it would be a good idea to turn the switch from "hose" to "floor". Especially before "vacuuming" half a room until noticing this.

Seriously, people!! What is wrong with me this week?? These aren't exactly difficult tasks!

Please make me feel better and tell me you've been there, too. And if you haven't, at least make up something really good...

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweet, Leilanni. I can relate!!! With every pregnancy I feel like I lose a few more...million brain cells. And I haven't gotten them back. I noticed A LOT after having the twins and going back to work. I felt completely brain dead. I can't find the words I'm trying to say and when I do find a word it's the wrong one. "Are you going to take work to your coffee?" I said this indignantly 3 times as my husband stared at me. He still teases me about that one. I can't seem to get anywhere on time (I can only imagine what having 3 will be like), although with some practice I've gotten better at this. I walk 10 feet from the kitchen to the laundry room and forget why I walked in there. If I'm lucky I just have to go back to where I started to remember but sometimes it takes a half hour. :) I guess it just goes with the territory. But I also have had good luck with thyroid meds. among others. All the medications seem to have helped a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh i hate when those things happen!!!

    love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just came across your blog for the first time tonight and have enjoyed reading it! I wanted to let you know that just tonight I confessed to a friend that I feel so scattered and brain-dead! You're not alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I really love it when you write! you are so good at it. And you know I know exactly what you are speaking of...and there will be soooo much more of it to come for me in the near future! At least I know you will never judge-only laugh:)

    ReplyDelete