Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Spot

I am convinced that everybody needs a spot.

You know, a place to escape everyday life. To mentally vacation even if only for a few minutes.

My spot is on the back deck enveloped in the adirondack chair my dad made for us. The kelly green canopy goes as high and far as I can see. Feet (must be bare feet you know) are up on a bench stolen from the nearby picnic table. Head back, sunglasses on. No book, no iPod. I want to just sit and listen to nothing for a while.

Even if I can sit here for a few minutes I feel completely refreshed (although wishing I could stay much longer than I'm usually able).

So, I'm curious:
What's your spot??

6 comments:

  1. I don't have one =< Can I borrow yours? It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. swing on the backporch- overlooking the cornfields that surround our house :) not sure where it will be at the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I love your spot it is gorgeous. I usually just steal a moment or two in my room. Wish I lived on the beach b/c there is nothing like a sunrise at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want your spot!! it looks so gorgeous and serene. mine is usually in the car (sans kids;)...but i think i may just save your picture to my computer and pretend i'm there ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - all you people who want my spot . . . YES. Come sit here! I would love nothing more than you sweet ladies to be here with me!! It's just a 12 hr drive for most of you :-)

    ReplyDelete