Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thirsty

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

Today a wonderful rain fell on a dry and weary land.

Literally in that the region we're in is in the middle of drought - the lake close to us is down 15 feet we hear and there's strict watering restrictions. But today a wonderful thunderstorm rained down and quenched the thirsty land.

Figuratively in that lately I have felt like that dry and weary land. Still adjusting to a cross-state move away from friends and family can be trying at times (I think that's just human). This morning I woke feeling in a "funk". I knew the enemy was baiting me into a deeper pit and I so did not want to go. Earnestly I prayed (even though no right words or desires would come) and spent some time in the Word. I just felt the need to be close to God even though I didn't know how that would happen. I was thirsty for Him because I knew there was no other way to get through the day.

And He sent the quenching rain.

Not one big downpour, but more like a gentle shower on and off throughout the day. A phone call at just the right time. Listening to my girl sing a praise song. Getting to SEE and talk to my parents (webcams are FUN!!).

I am so in awe of the Lord. Who am I that HE would be mindful of ME???? I never have a good answer to that question.

But I don't feel so dry and weary anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I love that! He does send the rain. And I love the way you equate that to something positive.

    ReplyDelete